Sunday, November 20, 2011

Progress

I'm making tons of progress but still having to work 12 hours a day to keep on top of things. Classroom management has gotten much better but still needs improvement. I've got the relationship part down, at least. My students complain far too much, so the other day, I made each one of them say something they were thankful for. A few students said they were thankful to have such a good teacher :-) I've had to leave my students with a sub several times while I've gone to meetings and trainings. Every time I tell them I have to leave, I get a disappointed, "Aaawwwww!" The class even worked together to make me a touching birthday card, more than a month early.

I've got one student who has been abused at home, another who can't read or write and grew up on the streets - he often needs to have power struggles with authority figures -, another student who lost her dad and uncle and whose mom lives in Puerto Rico. They all need extra TLC coupled with a firm hand.

So you can see my visible progress:



"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me... To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless." ~Psalm 18:16-25

No comments:

Post a Comment