Sunday, January 11, 2015

He is still good

Since my last post about troubles in this world, my friend's husband lost his battle to cancer. And I kept asking God why. I just couldn't understand why He would take someone so devoted to Him, so useful to Him on Earth, and so dear to his family, home so early. It's hard not to be offended, knowing that God could have healed him yet chose not to.

But lately I've been challenged to meditate on Jesus' attributes and create a mental image of Him. What I see and feel are love and compassion. And when I bring my hurts to Him, I feel that what hurts me, hurts Him, too.

I don't think I'll ever understand why God didn't intervene the way I would've, except that God is not human. His ways are higher than mine, and His perspective is eternal.

I know that the troubles of this world pale in comparison with the glories of eternity. I know that God doesn't wish us any sorrows, but he allows them in our lives in order to shape us. He doesn't plan harm against us, but He is able to work everything together for good.

Just want to share my friend's post declaring her faith in the Comforter as she mourns her husband: https://ourlifeinfourbags.wordpress.com/2015/01/11/dear-keith-33/

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us... And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose... in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loves us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
-Romans 8

No comments:

Post a Comment